Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby six week check up at nine weeks?

(6 Posts)
Babybluegiraffe Mon 04-Mar-13 21:27:55

Thanks everyone, just wanted to make sure we weren't missing some developmental milestone which occurs at exactly six weeks grin

Sirzy Mon 04-Mar-13 18:11:05

Ds was 14 weeks before he had a 6 week check!

Eskino Mon 04-Mar-13 17:06:05

I think its up to the practice. I have my 6 wk post natal check, including cervical screening this week. Baby as her check at 8 weeks along with her immunisations.

My friend at a different practice tells me they don't even do a 6 week postnatal check for mums at all.

Babybluegiraffe Mon 04-Mar-13 17:05:43

Thanks, feel better now!

TheTiger Mon 04-Mar-13 17:03:03

I think it's you who has the 6 week check up, and baby's is 8 weeks!

Babybluegiraffe Mon 04-Mar-13 17:01:26

When I called my GP to book DS's six week check up, I was told it was done at the same time as his immunisations, which is eight weeks. In fact, DS will be nearly nine weeks when he is seen. Is this right/does it matter? When I mentioned the six week appointment they made me feel like I'd made it up and it should be at eight weeks confused. Any thoughts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now