Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any Denstists about? or anyone who knows about teeth (incisors set too far back?).

(2 Posts)
hld7 Mon 04-Mar-13 13:06:57

It is quite common for the lateral incisors to erupt in such a position, they may move forward unless there is insufficient room for them. Obviously, no-one can give proper advice without seeing your daughter and I recemmend a visit to the dentist. If you are unhappy with your dentist, ask around, your friends may be able to recommend someone child-friendly.

Marne Sun 03-Mar-13 21:08:44

I'm really worried about dd1's teeth, she hasn't been to the dentist for a while as our dentist isn't great, dd1 has Aspergers and hates having her mouth poked around with. Her baby teeth didn't start falling out until late but she has now lost most of her front baby teeth (she's 9) her big teeth are now through but he Lateral incisors (i think thats what they are called) are set very far back, almost in the rooth of her mouth, i have looked on google images (not a good idea) but cant find any that look as bad as hers sad.

I think she will need braces but i dont know how she will tolerate them, she barely eats as she doesnt like differnt textures in her mouth so i dont know how she will cope with braces. Is braces the only way?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now