Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

High dose chemo and beyond. Onwards and upwards hopefully!

(1000 Posts)
Trazzletoes Bosnia-Herzegovina Mon 25-Feb-13 21:42:02

Another continuation thread for Joseph's ongoing fight against the aggressive cancer, neuroblastoma.

minmooch Sat 06-Apr-13 03:10:00

That is Fantastic news! But i understand its impossible not to worry. I am learning to enjoy the small bits of good news we get on our journey and try not to look forwards too much as it is impossible to know what will be.

I do so hope that you get to take Joe, clothed or otherwise, outside for those precious moments. Xxxxx

Trazzletoes Bosnia-Herzegovina Sat 06-Apr-13 07:50:18

Well he seems to have developed diarrhoea overnight so the chances of getting out are looking slim, but at least the possibility was there smile

sad so sorry to hear that

Aw poo (literally) weather is meant to be rubbish Sunday anyway wink

SocialGrace Sat 06-Apr-13 08:21:25

Ratbags, poor Joe. Conolation is that there'll probably be another howling April blizzard on Sunday anyway.....

onedev Sat 06-Apr-13 09:27:30

That is shit (literally!). Hope it stops soon. xx

thewhistler Sat 06-Apr-13 10:12:54

Oh poo.

Too many bad puns, but so glad to hear about the light at the end of the going home tunnel.

narmada Sat 06-Apr-13 18:23:08

ohhhh.... sorry about the setback. What a blow. However most of the other news sounds really good. Splodging from Languedoc. xxx

bobkate Sat 06-Apr-13 22:53:55

buggerations about the squits - hope that's not put too much of a dampener on the positive news that there's been. Way to go Joe, and really hoping the positives keep on coming. xx Splodge splodge splodge x

Trazzletoes Bosnia-Herzegovina Sat 06-Apr-13 23:12:58

Diarrhoea may have sorted itself out...

He is off his iv pain meds but is still on a withdrawal dose so that he doesn't start banging his head against stuff.

He tried to eat a yoghurt today but could only manage one mouthful and I'm not even certain he swallowed that sad

Still on to get out for a bit tomorrow I think though. Everyone is still pleased with his progress.

I finally made it to the opticians and have an urgent referral to hospital (conveniently not the one I live at) waiting on Monday morning. I can look forward to being called in at their convenience. My retina is not currently detached and may not be doing anything at all (could just be stress and exhaustion playing with my mind) or it could be pulling a bit which is likely to lead to another detachment so needs fixing tout de suite. Pfffffffffffffff.

thewhistler Sat 06-Apr-13 23:21:02

Trazzle, yay, one small.spoon is a huge emotional step forward, iv pain ditto.

Glad you have got the referral and it doesn't look as though the retina is detached. Typical inconvenience, though.

Be prepared, as I am sure you will be, for Joe to be weepy and exhausted and clingy after the excitement..

Hope it is a lovely day for you.

ninja Sun 07-Apr-13 00:13:10

I hope that you manage to have a lovely day tomorrow x

barefootcook Sun 07-Apr-13 01:08:35

Hope it all goes well and you get out for a walk tomorrow. Also, good news that the doctors etc are pleased with Joe's progress. Yeah! Thinking of you all.

onedev Sun 07-Apr-13 09:30:39

The sun looks like it's trying to shine here, so hope it is where you are too & that you're able to get out & enjoy it.

Glad you're getting your eyes sorted - complete pain it's at another hospital but it is so important that your own health is looked after, so I'm pleased to hear that you're going tomorrow. Good luck with that.

bobkate Sun 07-Apr-13 12:44:13

Hope the sun is shining for you and Joe today as well - it's lovely here. Really hoping you do manage to get out for a little today x

sleepythegiraffe Sun 07-Apr-13 13:19:27

Long time lurker, have followed your story and often think of you and your family.

Hope you and Joe have managed a walk in the sunshine.

tholeon Sun 07-Apr-13 19:41:15

I so hope you get out, and that there is some sun. X

SocialGrace Sun 07-Apr-13 21:31:06

Hope that you made it out today, and good luck with the retina; don't suppose you could ask to swap to " your" hospital?

Trazzletoes Bosnia-Herzegovina Sun 07-Apr-13 23:15:53

Hi! HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!

We got out for about half an hour, in shorts, a short sleeves and a ton of blankets! Met my DM and DD who haven't seen J for about 8 weeks. DD was so excited! I hadn't really thought that she must have had no idea what happened to him...

J was really happy to get some fresh air.

He's now off his pain meds. Feeds are going up. It's just this damn oxygen now!

Sadly my eye appointment can't be transferred - the eye department is at the other hospital. The LGI doesn't do eyes. It doesn't take long to get there though, fortunately. Will find out more tomorrow.

CloudsAway Sun 07-Apr-13 23:19:49

Another long time lurker here, so pleased to hear that update!!! Well done to all of you, and good luck with the eye appointment too.

ToffeeWhirl Sun 07-Apr-13 23:25:13

Brilliant news! And how wonderful to have him and your DD together again grin.

Hope the eye appointment turns out to be nothing serious.

onedev Sun 07-Apr-13 23:28:49

That's fantastic news - so pleased at the progress & how lovely for your beautiful children to be together again, even just briefly. A good sign of things to come. Go Joe!

<My eyes appear to once again be leaking!>

All the best for your appt tomorrow.

Just checking in before bed and yay! Well don that boy! Shorts tshirt and blanket sounds really cozy! I'm so so pleased to hear that he got to see dd too. Wonderful! grin

Good luck with the eye thing. Just make sure you go Mrs!!

Trazzletoes Bosnia-Herzegovina Mon 08-Apr-13 05:56:53

Fizzy don't worry! I'll be going! It may need surgery again and there is no way on earth I want to go blind on one side!

hellohellohihi Mon 08-Apr-13 06:15:15

Excellent, I bet that was such a boost for you all! Go joe!!

Hope your eye gets sorted quickly x

This thread is not accepting new messages.