Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

High dose chemo and beyond. Onwards and upwards hopefully!

(1000 Posts)
Trazzletoes Mon 25-Feb-13 21:42:02

Another continuation thread for Joseph's ongoing fight against the aggressive cancer, neuroblastoma.

Trazzletoes Thu 28-Mar-13 22:22:29

Fizzy no, but DH does grin

Norks I have lost count of the number of people who have come in this week, admired Joe's snail and commented that its beautiful and they've never seen anything like it, before wondering what it says on the bottom and picking it up to read blush

smile
It's just doing its job

_@/

Trazzletoes Thu 28-Mar-13 22:36:53

It is indeed grin and it IS beautiful just a little bit rude

SarahJinx Thu 28-Mar-13 22:43:44

Happy Birthday Trazzles thanks thanks thanks

narmada Thu 28-Mar-13 23:09:39

wahey, best update ever. Who needs spoiling when you've got wrestling grin

BarmeeMarmee Fri 29-Mar-13 00:29:59

Trazzles a half hour late happy birthday!! So pleased Joe is continuing to progress, small steps...

Splodging, crossing gingers and praying hard...

onedev Fri 29-Mar-13 00:32:16

Everyone seems to be able to say things more eloquently than me, but I am wishing you the very best from the bottom of my heart. Today's small joys & tomorrow's triumphs sums it up nicely (thanks Norks). Happy birthday thanks wine

kohl Fri 29-Mar-13 02:51:32

Happy (belated) birthday, Trazzles. flowers Really lovely to read your updates....even if it does mean I'm now like this >>
Kung fu fighting....dalaladaladaladadaaa... for the foreseeable.....

thewhistler Fri 29-Mar-13 12:05:01

Belated H B and Many Many Happy returns of the day.

V good to hear of Joe's progress, thumb healing etc, and your takeaway with DH.

Have a good Easter. Will the bunny come ?

I missed your birthday. Sorry. Glad you had a good day. smile Hope this weekend finds the sun shining on you both in every sense!

Thumbwitch Sat 30-Mar-13 11:00:39

Also missed it -hope your weekend has continued to be a good one and that Joe is still improving. smile

saffronwblue Sat 30-Mar-13 22:51:57

Thinking of you and all the trazzle family.x

onedev Sat 30-Mar-13 23:23:13

Thinking of you also & hoping for a peaceful Easter.

RatherBeOnThePiste Sun 31-Mar-13 08:50:08

Much love my darlings, thinking of you all here, wishing you a peaceful and gentle Easter X

ThinkIng of you all today and hope you managed to have some peace, some good news and, most important, some CHOCOLATE grin

blizy Sun 31-Mar-13 23:30:35

Trazzle you are all in my thoughts, as always. I hope Joe is doing well.x

bobkate Sun 31-Mar-13 23:40:13

Same here - belated birthday and Easter wishes and hoping Joe is doing well x

Kalypso Mon 01-Apr-13 22:13:07

I'm thinking of Joe, you and your family. I hope you had a restful, uneventful Easter xx

tangledupinpoo Mon 01-Apr-13 23:48:13

Thinking of you all and belated Happy Birthday and Easter wishes. x

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 02-Apr-13 07:59:34

Morning brew smile

'Morning Pistey and all the TRAZZLETEERS!
Hope the Trazzlesies managed to have some fun this Easter, and still have Joe in my thoughts every day smile

narmada Tue 02-Apr-13 19:55:21

Also thinking of all the trazzle family. Hope you got the biggest egg known to mankind , Trazzle grin

kohl Tue 02-Apr-13 22:50:14

Thinking of all you guys, and hope that Easter has been peaceful and happy.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 03-Apr-13 15:40:20

trazzle, I hope the fact that you've been out jean shopping means that Joe's still plodding on in the right direction.

Xxx

Trazzletoes Wed 03-Apr-13 18:25:04

Hi, we're still in hospital. Had a nice weekend, thanks. With much choc but am now on a diet and feeling much better already.

Joe's situation is complicated. His neutrophils are now consistently over 0.8 [champagne] which is a huge relief. He is getting out of bed and playing in his chair daily now though can only manage an hour or 2.

He is still suffering with mucusitis and vomiting a few times a day which causes problems with him being able to eat and being able to digest the food that runs in to his tummy (he isn't hungry for solids yet).

Radiotherapy has been postponed for another week - these are just the initial meetings, treatment won't start for a month after the meetings. Though DH and I are off to meet the consultant radiologist tomorrow morning for a chat.

Something is up again with Joe's liver <sigh>

It could be his I/v feed, or VOD again (please no!) or glandular fever or an infection or something completely different. No one knows and we are waiting for results from an ultrasound at the moment.

It's like his body is trying to sabotage his recovery. I'm tired of this.

And DH has to work late tomorrow because he's having this meeting in the morning which means I won't be home in time to see DD and won't now see her til Saturday afternoon sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.