Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

High dose chemo and beyond. Onwards and upwards hopefully!

(1000 Posts)
Trazzletoes Mon 25-Feb-13 21:42:02

Another continuation thread for Joseph's ongoing fight against the aggressive cancer, neuroblastoma.

MelodyBaker Mon 25-Mar-13 06:29:18

Sending prayers from manchester.
So sorry about your friend. Don't be hard on yourself trazzles, none of this is your doing. Joe will get better - from your posts i can tell he is a fighter.
Get your eye checked out, do it next time dh is watching joe.
Xx

BarmeeMarmee Mon 25-Mar-13 07:51:07

((Trazzle)). Hugs. I think you need them. That is all.

Trazzles, CLIC Sargent are in LGI too. Can you speak to them too?

Too many toos there sorry! And ((hugs))

Trazzles I hadn't realised you're in Leeds. I am close by. To be honest I'm not sure what I could do right now but I am here smile
Yesterday sounds like a tough day.
I'm thinking about you feeling guilty about the chaplain. Look, I believe in God and in our personal relationship with Him. For me, He is my father and nothing can seperate me from his love. However foolish, wicked or awkward I am, He loves me still. So for you - well if I'm wrong and He isn't there then there's no need to feel bad is there? And if I'm right and He is there, then he loves you anyway and always. I hope you don't mind me saying this. Just don't think you should need to struggle with that aspect as well as everything else.

How is dear Joe today? How are you Trazzle?

barefootcook Mon 25-Mar-13 19:55:45

You sound exhausted Trazzle. I hope you have had a better day today. Does " no more sessions of treatment" mean just in the UK? There are other options abroard, arn't there? Thinking of you, as always.

toffeelolly Mon 25-Mar-13 20:05:58

Trazzle thinking of you and your little man. x

narmada Mon 25-Mar-13 20:38:29

been thinking of you today. Hope it was a little better than yesterday was.

tholeon Mon 25-Mar-13 21:00:06

You poor thing. it is utter crap. Children know when they are loved and Joe is clearly adored. In a way I think he will feel more secure if you are normal with him, even if that includes some shouting, as it does sometimes for almost all us parents, most of whom are under far far less pressure and stress than you.

Could any local friends sit with him while you have your eye seen to? I am sure people want to help, very much.

Kalypso Mon 25-Mar-13 22:12:01

I am thinking of you, lovely Joe and your wonderful family. I am so sorry things are particularly shitty and stressful right now. It's so awful to hear about Joe's friend; it's just devastating.

As tholeon has said above, being a bit shouty with a 3 year old sometimes is completely normal. Joe is probably testing to see that boundaries still apply even when he's unwell - if he sees that bad behaviour suddenly has no consequences any more it'd probably confuse and upset him more than you shouting. Please don't punish yourself by saying you're a bad mum - that's so obviously not true. I really hope you manage to find a solution regarding your eye apointment. I know you're waiting until it's obviously a problem that needs immediate attention, but...

Are you managing to eat properly (chocolate instead of a meal doesn't count!) and if not, at least get some vitimins in you? I know that's not an answer to anything but when you're utterly exhausted and under extreme stress, your body probably needs a bit of extra help.

I am so sorry things are difficult and worrying at the moment. Lots of love to you all, and hoping that Joe suddenly starts recovering a lot more quickly. Come on Joe.

drjohnsonscat Mon 25-Mar-13 23:38:44

Oh trazzles. How awful this all is. Hoping Joe is biding his time with the neutrophils and will blow you away with a stellar number one of these days.

You have a wonderful family there and a wonderful Mr T and lots of people cheering you on from the sidelines. Thinking of you all and waiting for that bit of brightness to lift you.

superfluouscurves Mon 25-Mar-13 23:48:28

What narmada tholeon and bobkate said + sending lots of prayers xxx

thewhistler Tue 26-Mar-13 08:40:10

Look after yourself and I hope today is better.

VenetiaLanyon Tue 26-Mar-13 09:59:13

Oh Trazzles, I'm so sorry it's all so awful.
Do make sure you look after yourself e.g. your eye; I know it's so hard to take any time out, but keeping yourself in shape is all the better for Joe's recovery.

bobkate Tue 26-Mar-13 11:15:36

splodge splodge splodge. Thinking of you - hope all ok x

PseudoBadger Tue 26-Mar-13 16:59:23

This had disappeared from my TIO - I'm still here thinking of you all everyday. I'm sorry that it's such a very tough time right now x

Trazzletoes Tue 26-Mar-13 18:03:20

Kalypso I am having 3 meals a day + chocolate grin

ajandjjmum Tue 26-Mar-13 18:31:07

Is wine allowed in hospital?!! grin Hope today has been better.

thewhistler Tue 26-Mar-13 19:41:36

The wheels on my bus go Splodge, Splodge, Splodge.

Trazzletoes Tue 26-Mar-13 23:01:00

Thanks all. Feeling a bit more positive today.

J is still stable - no significant improvement (though I did get a bedtime serenade of "Kung fu fighting" grin

Buffy I'll properly reply to your text in the morning (thanks) but really it's not necessary.

Big love. Word.

tangledupinpoo Tue 26-Mar-13 23:04:07

Still thinking of Joe and all the Trazzles, and Joe's friend and family, and raging at the cruelty of this bastard cunting disease. (Gosh, must be a too much of a mumsnet newbie, can't quite get used to swearing in print.)

Will keep my anger up with me and send all my positive thoughts down to you x

blizy Wed 27-Mar-13 07:12:37

M glad J is still plodding along grin at his bedtime song.
It is utterly heart breaking for the other little boys family, fucking bastard cancer! I hope you are doing ok trazzles.

thewhistler Wed 27-Mar-13 18:31:28

Kung Fu Fight the F ING cancer, Joe, keep it up.

Love the vision.

RatherBeOnThePiste Wed 27-Mar-13 18:38:27

Fucking bastard cancer indeed

Big hugs for you Trazz, you really are fabulous, and small gentle ones for your beautiful boy, you guys are always in my thoughts Xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.