Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Have put dd's before and after x-ray pics on my profile if anyone fancies a look

(17 Posts)

They did tell me sparklingbrook, but it was while my mind was doing the 'omg they are doing it next week' thing, and I can't remember what they said.

Her surgeon said that two of the screws he put in look a bit odd on x-ray, but that he is still more than happy with it and doesn't expect any problems. However, if in the future, probles occur, they can fix it.

Slainte Sun 24-Feb-13 22:51:20

Wow, that's amazing smile

Sparklingbrook Sun 24-Feb-13 22:45:38

How common is it?

In America, kids are screened for it in high school, every two years.

She is 15.

It was me that spotted it. She was sitting at the table in front of me one day, and I asked her why she was sitting to one side, and she said she wasn't. I had a look and could see that her shoulder blades weren't level and when I got her to bend forward, she had a hump. That was when she was 13.

Brilliant! V pleased for you and your DD smile

MrSlant Sun 24-Feb-13 22:38:32

Wow, scoliosis surgery is so amazing, that was a heck of a curve she had. I actually trained (radiographer) with someone who had the surgery when she was younger and you would never know. Yay for orthopaedic surgeons. She has done so well to be home, you must be so relieved it is all over.

Bluelightsandsirens Sun 24-Feb-13 22:37:18

ProphetOfDoom Sun 24-Feb-13 22:35:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

QOD Sun 24-Feb-13 22:35:05

I know 2 ladies who had it done, one was about 13 and OMG she is so stately, she glides gracefully with such good posture! Great when its caught so young.

The other wasn't picked up til she was abou 18 and meh, nowhere near as good as your dd.

Who spotted the scoliosis out of interest?

Sparklingbrook Sun 24-Feb-13 22:34:41

That is fantastic. smile

mummylin2495 Sun 24-Feb-13 22:31:34

she must be doing very well to of been able to come home so soon. I hope she will continue to improve.great to have such a good result for old is she ?

We are very pleased, and so grateful to the surgeon.

She is doing brilliantly. She was so so brave throughout the whole thing, and amazed everyone.

She had the op on Tuesday and came home yesterday.

mummylin2495 Sun 24-Feb-13 22:29:11

What a fabulous result,you must both be so happy.Top marks to the surgeon/s

AnyaKnowIt Sun 24-Feb-13 22:26:00

wow, how is she?

Tis so amazing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now