Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Seizures and concussion?

(1 Post)

Background: DS (11yo) has been having suspected absence seizures since before Christmas, we have an appointment with paediatrics in a couple of weeks. He blanked out last week and banged his head on a concrete floor, then was unconscious for a minute or two, then couldn't move his limbs. He was seen by St.John ambulance at the scene, then we took him to A&E (twice, second time round he got a CT scan).
First question: Is it common for absence seizures to lead to falls (should we be watching him on stairs, roads etc)?
Second question: his absences have been more frequent since the head bump, is the concussion likely to be a factor?
I'm sure someone on here must be further along this road than I am, and can give me advice. I was too worried about DS last week to ask the questions at the time.
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now