Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Spotty botty

(10 Posts)
tattychicken Fri 22-Feb-13 22:12:53

Hope she mends soon.

sannaville Fri 22-Feb-13 13:19:49

Thanks guys I did think worms but had a good look whe. She's been asleep and there's no sign could be thrush I suppose will try some canesten. Thank you

Jcee Thu 21-Feb-13 20:48:29

DD (3.2) is prone to a spotty bum and has this periodically and the dr suggested that the area was infected from her not wiping her bottom properly and it was urea aggravating the skin.

Checking her wiping to make sure its dry and some bum/barrier cream over a few days sorts this out every time.

He did say if it didn't clear up within a few days then it might be thrush and to come back for caneston.

tattychicken Thu 21-Feb-13 19:45:56

Worms can make the bum/fanny area sore and spotty. Deffo itchy too.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 21-Feb-13 19:41:54

Chickenpox? Mine started there...

lljkk Thu 21-Feb-13 19:41:48

Worms don't leave spots, do they?
I think ask a chemist about Caneston, am not an expert, though.

tattychicken Thu 21-Feb-13 19:40:48

Worms.

sannaville Thu 21-Feb-13 19:38:39

Thanks, is there anything I can get for it for a child or should I take her to gp?

lljkk Thu 21-Feb-13 16:14:24

I am wondering about thrush.

sannaville Wed 20-Feb-13 18:22:20

Dd is 3.6 and has been complaining of an itchy bum for the last week or so. (Can't make out if its bottom or vagina area that's itchy). Only seems itchy during day doesn't other her at night. No discharge and nothing obvious when I looked, but tonight when I inspected I decided to give her a good wash and as soon as I washed her bum (water only) 2 angry red looking spots appeared on it along with a reddish area. Now she is prone to a spotty bum and I've always assumed it was heat but can't fathom how spots can appear so rapidly before my eyes just from water on a flannel?! Bu, was completely clear before I put wet flannel on it. And could this be linked to the itching?

Spots died down after couple hours as they normally do but seems odd.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now