Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Do you think it's safe to visit DM?

(4 Posts)
MrsWhirling Wed 20-Feb-13 13:40:46

My lively 70 yr old DM came down with a flu type virus on Friday. She felt worse on Saturday and saw the OOH GP who perscribed Amoxillon for a sus chest infection. We have steered clear because of DD5 & DS 11wo (see earlier post!) but have been delivering supplies vid DH. Mum says she is feeling better but is it still catching do you think??

BeaWheesht Wed 20-Feb-13 14:11:38

I wouldn't risk it especially with a newborn. When we had flu it was the worst time of my life - dd was 12 weeks and ended up on antibiotics but ds who was 4 ended up with pneumonia.

i wouldnt risk it either, especially with little ones. i would avoid for 2 - 3 weeks tbh and even then i would make sure the person was feeling 100% better

ive only had flu once. its totally horrid and can lead to more serious illnesses. you dont want children, especially babies, to catch anything like that

narmada Thu 21-Feb-13 20:37:06

Avoid. Flu is horrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now