Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Do you think it's safe to visit DM?

(4 Posts)
MrsWhirling Wed 20-Feb-13 13:40:46

My lively 70 yr old DM came down with a flu type virus on Friday. She felt worse on Saturday and saw the OOH GP who perscribed Amoxillon for a sus chest infection. We have steered clear because of DD5 & DS 11wo (see earlier post!) but have been delivering supplies vid DH. Mum says she is feeling better but is it still catching do you think??

BeaWheesht Wed 20-Feb-13 14:11:38

I wouldn't risk it especially with a newborn. When we had flu it was the worst time of my life - dd was 12 weeks and ended up on antibiotics but ds who was 4 ended up with pneumonia.

i wouldnt risk it either, especially with little ones. i would avoid for 2 - 3 weeks tbh and even then i would make sure the person was feeling 100% better

ive only had flu once. its totally horrid and can lead to more serious illnesses. you dont want children, especially babies, to catch anything like that

narmada Thu 21-Feb-13 20:37:06

Avoid. Flu is horrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now