Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Possible ingestion of 2% clotrimazole cream (thrush cream)

(5 Posts)
sleepcrisis Tue 19-Feb-13 18:58:11

And didn't think of the bf thing - of course, even I used caneseten on my nipples!!

sleepcrisis Tue 19-Feb-13 18:57:40

Just googled and you can get clotrimazole losenges for oral use so presume it will be fine...

VeetorWax Tue 19-Feb-13 18:54:21

I'd go off to see the doctor now if I were you. No such thing as a wasted journey where your DC's health is concerned. I'm sure he's fine but I would make sure. Better to err on the side of caution.

ScillyCow Tue 19-Feb-13 18:53:17

I used canasetn on my breasts when I was bf my Dts. Occasionally I forgot to wash it off. (Very sleep addled!). They're fine!!

sleepcrisis Tue 19-Feb-13 18:49:02

DS 20 mo was left alone for 2 mins this bedtime while I went to get his milk. He has balanitis so am using thrush cream as prescribed by the doc. Came back to find him putting some in his mouth... I washed it out and decided rather than risk melt down and a total wasted journey to A&E, I'd put him to bed as normal and then find out whether it is worth waking him to take him.

It woul have been a tiny smear, not even a pea sized amount. And he prob didn't swallow, just smeared around. He had a 'thats disgusting' look on his mouth so would have stopped after the first taste...

Not in UK so no NHS Direct.

What do you think? Have looked online and seems to me that a huge amount would need to be ingested - but I am very anxious!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now