Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Minor - but advice welcomed!

(8 Posts)
Echocave Mon 18-Feb-13 19:13:35

Hmm well she cried when she saw her dinner (soft Chicken casserole). Perked up when she saw a packet of cheesy square things and ate a few raisins. All a bit of a disaster really.

Echocave Mon 18-Feb-13 16:49:05

Ah thank you for that. Interesting because you hear different views about teething. We've given her calpol only once when she was really crying (didn't seem to do much good alas!) but teetha seems to help. She seems to have all 4 molars coming through at once, poor thing.

lljkk Mon 18-Feb-13 16:41:41

Yes, teething suppresses the immune system so they are prone to mild bugs like mild tummy upset or mild colds.

Are you giving her any Calpol or similar for the teething? At least take the edge off her grizzly mood.

Echocave Mon 18-Feb-13 16:34:26

She's a bit grumbly but nothing very bad. Can teething cause really stinky nappies?

BeaWheesht Mon 18-Feb-13 16:02:13

If she's happy otherwise I wouldn't be worried. Sounds like a mild bug or teething.

Echocave Mon 18-Feb-13 15:13:48

I'm sure you're right. Just wondering if a trip to the GP was necessary. I am half wondering if its just her being a toddler. Her behaviour generally is much more toddler- like lately (uh oh) Thanks for responding.

lljkk Mon 18-Feb-13 14:54:25

Could be anything. Nothing you've written would overly worry me.

Echocave Mon 18-Feb-13 14:45:48

My DD is just over 16 months and has always eaten ok, a variety of food including quite a lot of fruit and veg. A week ago she started crying during dinner and didn't really stop all evening. Sounded a bit windy but nothing else.
Since then she's been really off her food, once or twice gagging and being slightly sick at the end of a meal,
Her nappies are quite soft and (sorry tmi) light brown with lots of undigested vegetables but not really diahorrea and no raised temperature. She's basically holding food in her mouth and not chewing it.
Her molars are coming in I think. Any chance this is teething? Or a bug??!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now