Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

OMG!! How have I not noticed this til now........??

(27 Posts)
whattimestea Thu 07-Feb-13 20:14:32

DS5 is 5 months old. He has up til now not been keen on 'tummy-time' so haven't really been doing it that much. But over last few nights he's not minded so he's been having a good old naked wriggle on his tum just before we get him dressed for bed. However tonight, as he was pulling his knees up underneath him I noticed that about 1-2 inches above his bum hole he's got what i can only describe as a 2nd bum hole!! It's not fully identical to it but it is a DEFINITE hole, no mistaking. I'll make an appt with GP tomorrow but does ANYONE know what this is/could be? Should i be worried?? He's a wonderful baby...no concerns really with any aspect of his health, so is it just natures little quirk?

FrankWippery Wed 13-Feb-13 13:54:38

My oldest DD (now 19) has Spina Bifida Occulta and had terrible bladder problems until she was about 11 - we basically ended up having to sort of re potty train her over a few years. No problems at all since 11/12 though.

It's funny as she was totally dry day and night at 2½ and stayed that way for a couple of years. It all went downhill from when she was about 5 and she became horribly 'loaded' - x-rays looked like she'd swallowed a cotton wool ball factory iyswim. Once dx'd and on the right meds and training it was a terribly slow process, but we got there eventually. Interestingly, there was never any problem at night; it was only ever during waking hours.

wiltingfast Wed 13-Feb-13 13:55:26

God, you learn something new every day, I think I might have this, I've hsd two nasty boil type things and when I went to the doc the second time he said I had a minor deformity at the bottom of my spine which meant I was prone to these boils. Thought nothing more of it. Haven't had another since, must be 15y now or so.

From what you've said I think I'd be looking to see the cons, esp if they couldn't identify the bottom of the hole. Hopefully there will be nothing serious to worry about.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now