Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Metanium- please help

(6 Posts)
rockinhippy Wed 06-Feb-13 21:31:10

It's brilliant & safe from birth, but if the rash does continue, you & your DD is BF you might want to think about what you are eating that could be passing through into BM - my own DDs very bad nappy rash turned out to be caused by an intolerance to chemical additives - in our case my cravings for cheap jelly sweets blush

mamaduckbone Wed 06-Feb-13 21:15:08

Absolutely. The midwife recommended it for ds1s shocking happy rash when he was less than a week old. The yellow one.

essexmumma Wed 06-Feb-13 21:12:55

Yes you can! The doctor prescribed it for my DD2 when she was a week or so old. The yellow one (not the everyday one).

curiousparent Wed 06-Feb-13 21:10:19

Btw it was 'metanium' not the everyday version we used - I expect everyday would be a lighter formula but it may not be as effective in bad cases of nappy rash.

curiousparent Wed 06-Feb-13 21:08:13

I used metanium on my dd when she was a week old. She had really bad thrush and when the canesten wasn't on I wanted to protect her skin. The midwife said it wasn't necessary but the ooh gp had given us a prescription for a different barrier cream that the pharmacy couldn't provide and so we used the metanium as a barrier to enable the skin to heal. It worked a treat for us, good luck smile

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 06-Feb-13 20:46:17

Is it suitable from birth? My dd is a week old We have metanium and metanium everyday- are either suitable from birth as sudacream not working on her nappy rash

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now