Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

10 mth old waking with cough all night

(8 Posts)
chummymummy7 Wed 06-Feb-13 19:59:45

One question...would you say it's worth getting a calpol plug in as well as the humidifier, can't you just add drops to the Vicks humidifier for the same effect?

chummymummy7 Wed 06-Feb-13 19:31:46

SingSongMummy thanks for the humidifier tip. DH is a big cough sufferer too, so between him, DD1 and DD2 it will be getting a LOT of use!

Make sure you get a warm mist humidifier by the way, they are the best ones for coughs and chest infections. I have a Vicks one that is brilliant. Hope it works for yours too!

lorisparkle Tue 05-Feb-13 14:28:53

Oh yes another tip from my GP for older children is warm drinks help loosen mucus so help with coughs and blocked noses.

lorisparkle Tue 05-Feb-13 14:27:22

Mmmmm with three DS (2,4 and 6yrs) we seem to have at least one with a cold or cough all the time!!!

Here is to more sleep for everyone!

chummymummy7 Tue 05-Feb-13 14:04:27

thanks lorisparkle....these are really helpful tips. I'll order a calpol plug in and look into humidifiers. She's much better today but it's bound to come up again soon. x

lorisparkle Tue 05-Feb-13 10:48:39

Have you got a humidifier? We bought one after ds2 got croup but wish we had got it earlier. The other thing we have is the calpol plug in. It has different smells to help with breathing and sleeping and its the best we tried. I am a soft touch and if one of mine wakes I would sit with them until they resettle. If you are concerned our gp is always happy to check over children especially the under 1s. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. Oh yeah have you tried raising one end if the cot. It depends how your DD sleeps. Mine were all over the place in the cot so this did not work above a certain age.

chummymummy7 Mon 04-Feb-13 23:45:41

my dd2 10 months old has a streaming cold and keeps waking up coughing and getting upset.

She's a strong wriggly baby and doesn't want to be held, or take a drink. I'm at a loss what to do with her to help her sleep. if i leave her to cry she goes back off before long but I feel awful about it. sadsad
meanwhile dd1 has a cold and tonsillitis ... should I be worried dd1 has caught it..not sure if coughing is a sign? shall I let dd1 have a little cry back to sleep when she wakes or get her up...and do what with her?

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now