Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Kids and headaches

(4 Posts)
liveoutloud Wed 30-Jan-13 14:53:47

We had her eyes checked last year, and no she does not drink a lot of water, but I try to encourage it as much as I can. I am not sure what to think, she seems to me to be too young to have headaches so regularly.

WhatKindofFool Tue 29-Jan-13 21:35:33

Does she drink enough in the day? Sometimes dehydration can cause headaches. Just a thought. I hope you sort it out x

chelseamorning Tue 29-Jan-13 21:27:17

When was the last time she had her eyes/vision checked? Eye strain can often be the main cause of headaches so may be worth looking into. Hope you manage to get to the bottom of it.

liveoutloud Tue 29-Jan-13 20:47:34

My daughter is 11 and she is constantly complaining of headaches. We checked it with our physician a few times and he said nothing was wrong with her. Now, she tends to cry “wolf, wolf” quite often and we are not sure when to take her seriously. Sometimes she just has “headache” when she is doing math (which she hates) and stuff. I do intend to take her to the doctor once more to do some tests. In the mean time, I was wondering if anyone else had similar experience and what did you do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now