Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

how can you tell if a newborn has norovirus?

(6 Posts)
honeytea Wed 30-Jan-13 19:51:34

Thank you smile he stoped throwing up his milk and his nappies were wet.

I think I was being over dramatic, after the worry with rs virus I am constantly worrying about him getting ill now sad

BeaWheesht Wed 30-Jan-13 16:38:55

Dd had a tummy bug when little and it was very obvious she just vomited constantly and had constant diarrhoea like water as well as a temp of 38+ .

Wet nappies is a good indicator though.

catkind Wed 30-Jan-13 16:07:13

Hope things are going better.

honeytea Tue 29-Jan-13 12:35:46

His poo was darker yellow than usual, (very yuk bit the mucus from his rs virus has been coming out in his poo and this poo had no mucus in)

Ds is really sleepy, he was wide awake in the middle of the night and at 6 am so maybe he is just catching up on his sleep.

We called the hospital and they said if he has dry nappies by the end of today go into A+E, I really hope we don't have to go back to hospital, I just want to worry about normal newborn issues like no sleep and which baby group to go to not hospitals sad

catkind Tue 29-Jan-13 12:30:35

Baby poo goes all watery and more frequent when they have diarrhoea, often a different colour too - can be greenish or a paler yellow.
My baby was a bit older when she had norovirus but it was v obvious, she was sleepy all the time and threw up whenever she fed and yellowish clear ick in between feeds. And they throw up more than you would imagine could ever fit in their little tummies sad
Hope he's feeling better soon. if you've just come out of hosp could you call the ward for advice?

honeytea Tue 29-Jan-13 12:14:33

I was wondering if anyone knew hoe to tell if a 6 week old baby has norovirus? My ds is sometimes sick after feeds but he seems to have thrown up all his feeds this morning. He is breastfed so it's hard to know how much he has eaten.

Ds was in hospital with RS Virus last week (we came home on Sunday) we were in an infectious illnesses high dependency ward. We had our own room as did all the babies/children and the ill kids were not allowed out of their room. The nurses were barier nursing. Half the kids had RSV and half of them had norovirus. We never actually saw any kids with norovirus.

Ds has a temperature of 37.4 and is sleepy, he is still getting over rsv so it's hard to know if he is still getting over rsv or if he has norovirus.

How can you tell if breastfed baby poo is diarrhea?

Does anyone know if you can have 2 viruses?

Me and dp are feeling ill but we assume it is RSV as neither of us feel sick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now