Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd eye surgery would you?

(4 Posts)
Suesue22 Tue 29-Jan-13 11:35:28

My dd 11 has a cyst under eyelid could eventually go away but also could end up getting more if not treated. Only way of getting rid is removal under general anesthesia... Would you get it done dont know what to do???

frazzledbutcalm Tue 29-Jan-13 20:24:43

Dd aged 9 had this done in September. It was fine, no problems, well worth it. They say it can go away but I've never yet heard anyone's gone away! My dd had lots of irritation to the eye which was very uncomfortable so it was an easy decision for us.

Suesue22 Wed 30-Jan-13 07:11:46

Great thanks dd has no irritation so that's what's making decision harder but prob best to get rid of before it starts causing trouble.

Lifeisontheup Wed 30-Jan-13 10:17:51

My DS had a cyst removed from near his eyebrow when he was 2 with no problems. There is a tiny faint scar if you know where to look for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now