Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help! Tummy bug!

(5 Posts)
BeaWheesht Mon 28-Jan-13 23:39:36

Tell me I can do this?

Dd came down with a tummy bug a week past Thursday - vomiting then runny poo with temp then no appetite continued for a while.

Ds came down with it on the Saturday - same pattern.

Me and dh had it too and still feel a bit washes out by it all, hard to tell though as we both have IBS.

So, dh goes away with work in the am for the rest of the week - went to check on ds and he had pooed everywhere in his sleep - he's 6. Showered him etc but how can this be happening again?

So that's him off until Thursday and he already missed 4 days last week hmm

I suffer badly from health anxiety and was nervous about dh going away and I know I sound pathetic.

Now I can just see them both being ill and me getting zero sleep - don't live near family etc - and being in permanent state of panic.

Cannot believe this, typical!

BeaWheesht Mon 28-Jan-13 23:40:01

Ps dd is only 2

Awww, hope ds is feeling better soon.
I had it twice within the space of a few weeks. If its any constalation wasn't as awful the second time over x

BeaWheesht Tue 29-Jan-13 05:49:54

Thanks am hoping that doesn't happen still but we will see.

Am so tired.

BeaWheesht Tue 29-Jan-13 15:34:35

I don't know what's happening with him - he's pooed a lot today which is unlike him but until last wee while he's been playing etc. don't know if new bug or remnants of last one? He has a mouth ulcer too so maybe run down?

Hoping dd doesn't get it and hoping we all manage some sleep and no poo tonight.

I hate being so anxious and its so muh worse when I'm on my own. Feel like really crap mum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now