Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is my dd overweight?

(3 Posts)
slowlycatchymonkey Thu 24-Jan-13 21:28:40

I have posted this in parenting as well, hope that's ok. My dd is 5yo, is 114cm tall and weighs 3 stone 7.5pounds. She likes her food a lot to be honest, and it can be a struggle to get her to take her mind off food. She is looking chubby round the face recently and although has a tiny waist, she is definitely chunkier than her friends.

Can anyone here tell me if those figures are too high? Thanks a lot.

Wallace Thu 24-Jan-13 21:31:21

I put the numbers into www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx and it came out as Healthy weight smile

slowlycatchymonkey Thu 24-Jan-13 21:35:35

Ah really? That's a relief! smile. Her dad gives me a very very hard time about her weight. Thinks she is too heavy and lacks stamina. I am permanently worried about the issues she is going to get from this:/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now