Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Seeing red eye in one eye, not in photo

(8 Posts)
NomNomDePlumPudding Wed 23-Jan-13 21:37:34

JUst wondering if anybody else has ever noticed this? i've seen a red flash - like red eye in photos - in dd2's right eye a number of times now, and i'm just wondering if it's something i should be worrying about. it's definitely red, not white, and it's always happened in dim or electric light. dd2 is 14 months.

nobodysfool Wed 23-Jan-13 21:39:19

Does it look like this in all the photos?

hanahsaunt Wed 23-Jan-13 21:40:29

Yes - get it seen. Probably nothing, could be something. My mum works in eyes and would advise to have it checked out. Better safe than sorry etc. HTH.

WeekendsAreTooShort Wed 23-Jan-13 21:42:58

you would expect to see a "red eye" in both eyes and not just the one. There can be a reason that the red reflex is missing and it is important to get this checked. When babies are checked at birth it is one of the things that is looked for. It can be nothing but v important to get it looked at soon.

NomNomDePlumPudding Wed 23-Jan-13 21:48:01

yes, it's just that i've seen it by naked eye rather than in a photo that i'm wondering about. i think in photos she has normal red eye in both. but now that i think of it am going to look.

WeekendsAreTooShort Wed 23-Jan-13 21:49:36

if you have noticed a difference then best to take her to GP to have a look. better than you worrying.

NomNomDePlumPudding Wed 23-Jan-13 21:52:13

thanks everyone - i think i will take her to gp and ask. it just seems a bit odd, somehow.

The advice is to get it checked out urgently. We notice this in DD and the doctor who checked her said we did the right thing. Like our DD there is probably nothing wrong, but the consequences of not getting it checked and there being a problem are bad enough that it is worth an urgent referral.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now