Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hot toddler :(

(3 Posts)

Thanks for the reply smile Have no idea what it was as he never developed any other symptoms other than the temperature and being periodically clingy. Breaths were about 35/minute but don't think he's wheezy. Didn't take temp, he just felt hot. I try to avoid bringing it down artificially as I can as I don't like to interfere with the body fighting infection, though did end up giving him some paracetamol last night to make him more comfortable so he could sleep. He's had a mammoth nap today and is feeling a btter temp smile

BeaWheesht Thu 03-Jan-13 12:06:21

Have you an idea of his temp?

You could try calpil / nurofen.

Do you think it could be a chest infection? Is he wheezy? How many breaths per minute?

Had a really bad night with 17mo DS who was fine all day but very hot by the time I came to bed (we co-sleep) and still hot now. No other symptoms so far except maybe a chesty cough and his breathing is quite fast. He is still bfing so hopefully avoiding dehydration. Just wondering what it could be/if there's anything I should be doing other than cuddling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now