Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken Pox WWYD?

(4 Posts)
TrazzleMISTLEtoes Fri 04-Jan-13 23:35:27

I agree you can't keep her in on the off- chance. The nursery should know though if there is a child there with a weakened immune system - I know mine make all other parents aware and there's a number they have to call if their DC gets chicken pox so we know to get DS to hospital for preventative meds. I don't know if all places will have that system in place for all immuno-compromised children.

JimbosJetSet Wed 02-Jan-13 19:19:13

Thanks! That's what I thought but I wanted to check I wasn't being unreasonable!

DystopianReality Wed 02-Jan-13 16:21:22

No, she may not get it and you can't spend 10 days at home every time she comes into contact with CP can you?

I think it is wise and thoughtful to warn re playdates or babies/pregnancy though.

JimbosJetSet Wed 02-Jan-13 16:16:52

DD (2) spent Boxing Day playing with her chicken pox covered cousin. So there is a reasonable chance she has caught it, although no spots yet. Any play dates at friends houses in the next 2-3 weeks I am either cancelling or pre-warning the parents.

But I am having a battle with my conscience re nursery and playgroup - should we be avoiding those as well until the potential incubation period is over (or she comes out in spots)?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now