Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6yo, constipation, watery burps, hard stomach, feeling 'unwell', raised temp

(12 Posts)
Rosa Sat 29-Dec-12 13:15:31

Exactly if it is all going in and she is taking the meds it does sound a bit strange. I still think I would go back and try and get some more answers as it sounds more than viral.....

PavlovtheCat Sat 29-Dec-12 11:26:08

but, she is not right. And it just does not seem like a cold, although there seems to be an awful lot of weird virus' going around atm, so it could be a virus.

She is taking her medicine without complaint though - but where is all that water going if not coming back out in her poo shock

PavlovtheCat Sat 29-Dec-12 11:14:53

her fever is down, she says she is feeling better, slept ok, but not poo'd again, still complaining of stomach pain, but says it is not bad pain. Just hard to gauge with her what that means as has quite high pain thresholds.

Rosa Sat 29-Dec-12 10:53:19

It was a few months ago ..should have said but it was bloody worrying at the time as nobody had answers...How is dd doing today?

PavlovtheCat Fri 28-Dec-12 21:59:58

oh your poor DD! sad. Is she feeling better now? hope so.

DD has some pain, comes and goes. I have been thinking that perhaps she is not going to the loo as she has a raised temp so using it up? maybe she has a higher fever than I realise. I might go and try to get the thermometer to work, its just crap, I have to warm it in my mouth for a few minutes first and then take lots of readings until it produces like 3 the same as it usually goes up each time I take it by a 0.2 or so! I am never entirely sure it is telling the truth.

Rosa Fri 28-Dec-12 21:56:51

Am no expert but hope whatever it is you get to the root of it for your dd. My dd was in hosp for 2 night with what we think now was a virus ( bloated, off food, retching, serious pain ) never did get answers just strict instructions to act if it ever came back. Which it hasn't thank heavens.

PavlovtheCat Fri 28-Dec-12 21:53:47

as obviously everyone hates their children being sick. Dumb thing to say!

PavlovtheCat Fri 28-Dec-12 21:53:24

she is now asleep! typically! She tried for a poo, and had a wee, that was her second wee of the day, so she has at least wee'd recently, and there was an 'ok' amount. She noticed it herself. I haven't been for a wee today mummy, oh, hang on yes, I have, once' and I have not seen her go. Normally she is a whirlwind with her wees and poos 'mama! got to wee!' as she dashes past. There is none of that.

But, as she peed this evening, I will monitor her this evening/night as she is now asleep, and call in the morning, or in a little while if I continue to feel worried. I am a worrier though. Drives DH nuts. But, I hate my children being sick.

PavlovtheCat Fri 28-Dec-12 21:50:12

Interestingly I was just reading something about lactose intolerance/reflux on a google site I stumbled upon i know i know shouldn't google but, DD on occasion mentions belly pain, not too often and normally after breakfast only, or before, but she often sicks a little bit of food back up - wonder if she is lactose intolerant...

not sure that explains this, but funny the things you read eh...

Rosa Fri 28-Dec-12 21:42:36

i would call for a chat , not weeing if she is drinking would concern me.

PavlovtheCat Fri 28-Dec-12 21:41:42

oh and she is still burping these loud, long and hard yet watery burps.

PavlovtheCat Fri 28-Dec-12 21:39:51

was given movicol to take twice a day yesterday by GP who was not overly concerned after checking her tummy, said to monitor her poo/consistency/frequency (write it down) and telephone her on monday to let her know how she is doing.

DD had one sachet yesterday morning, poo'd in the evening, not sure if it worked that quickly or it was coming anyway - epic amount, large solid lumps, and it hurt her - she said it felt like it was going to cut her. GP I think suspected that (as I did having had it myself) so told me to praise her, which of course I did.

DD is normally regular as clockwork, daily, pretty much without fail. But despite taking the movicol as recommended she has not been again. She feels full, feels a bit sick, and generally feels unwell, temp of around 38-38.5? a guess without a working thermometer (that is accurate), but certainly higher than her normal temp and lower than a high fever, she is not burning up.

I didn't mention to the GP that she had a slight raised temp yesterday, completely slipped my mind, did not connect as she has had a cough (this bug going around) so I thought maybe it was that. But, she has been complaining of feeling unwell since sunday, and it has not manifested into anything horrid as expected (flu etc).

DD never complains of feeling unwell. Even when she is unwell we have to remind her to let us know she does not feel so good so we can give her medicine. But she looks unwell, hollow eyes, and she is not sleeping as her belly 'feels weird' and it is still hard.

She ate her dinner reasonably well, left some of it and I didn't give her a lot, but she complained of feeling unwell straight after. Normally she has an excellent appetite.

Coincidently, but worth mentioning in case not, she has hardly wee'd today either. Twice. And she is drinking liquids fine, not really wanting to, but I am encouraging, but it's not coming out.

And I am certain she is not 'holding it in', she is not showing fear or signs of not wanting to go, she is excited about how much she might poo this time!

Should I call OOH GP for a chat, or wait until monday as agreed? Could the temp be related or just this bug she has?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now