Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS (2) says his toes hurt - any reason to worry?

(4 Posts)
chocolateteabag Tue 18-Dec-12 20:51:54

DS is 25 months and for the past couple of weeks has said maybe every other day that his toes or fingers are "owee" and points to his finger tips or top of toes.
He does this with shoes off only, no limping or walking on tip toes.
He really hates his toenails being cut (proper tears as says it hurts alot - whereas finger nails seem ok as long as I am quick)

Is he just being pernickerty? or could there be anything wrong?
His shoes are ok and his arches look high enough. And he's well enough in himself. No red or rubbed bits.

I could be being a bit PFB - but would feel awful if he's developing some kind of junior gout or arthritis - god smiling as I type this - please someone tell me that he's just found a way of getting Mummy to kiss his toes better blush

MrsLyman Tue 18-Dec-12 21:33:20

No real clue about this, but just wondered if they could be cold? Sometimes when I have cold hands it hurts a little to touch things.

chocolateteabag Tue 18-Dec-12 22:48:35

Hi MrsLyman - I don't think it can be that as he's always been inside and usually bathtime/bedtime when he has bare feet when he's told me they hurt or in the morning. Bu always when the heating is on

Jestrin Sat 29-Dec-12 18:31:03

My son has hyper mobile fingers which means they flex more than they should which can make them tire sooner (when writing for example) or sore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now