Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cutting adult teeth

(4 Posts)
Yorky Sat 08-Dec-12 21:56:18

Really?! The 2 sets of teeth overlap for that long? I never knew blush

I have led a very sheltered life!

Thank you for the reassurance, I haven't seen anything like it before and am pretty clueless about dentistry. I'm generally pretty good about letting things be if thats an OK thing to do in this case smile

4nomore Fri 07-Dec-12 12:57:51

Yes, it happens (it's happened to two of my children) and usually the dentist just leaves the tooth to do it's thing only intervening if any decay sets in or if it really looks like it's in for the long haul. My kids never needed intervention (even though the spare tooth hung around for years sometimes)

Yorky Fri 07-Dec-12 09:26:18

Are there really no dentists on MN?!

I've calmed down a bit now and made him a dentist appt for Monday after school, but I'd still love to hear from anyone else whose DC have done this. I hate the thought of him having to have his baby teeth out under anaesthetic sad

Yorky Wed 05-Dec-12 12:52:42

DS1 is nearly 6 and hasn't lost any of his milk teeth yet.
He complained of a lump in his mouth, and one of his adult teeth has cut through behind the front milk teeth - which still aren't wobbly

Has anyone else's DC done this? Do I need to book him at the dentist? Are we looking at having to extract the milk teeth if they don't come out on their own?

He was only at the dentist yesterday - surely she should have noticed something then?

Thank you for any experience or advice, this is my 'practice child' - I'll be fine when the others get to this stage grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now