Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Paediatrician appointment - but dont want dd to hear everything

(4 Posts)
roundabout1 Tue 04-Dec-12 12:48:53

My dd has been under the paeds following a virus which wiped her out & now she has long term fatigue & feels generally unwell much of the time. We are having huge problems getting school to understand her limitations despite a letter from the paediatrician. I want to discuss this with the doctor at her nxt appointment but dont want dd to hear as think she would take it very badly. For two days I have been trying to get hold of someone but I can't even access an answerphone. Does anyone know what the procedure is, if I eventually get through to his secretary can I leave a message for him, thats what I was thinking. I dont really need to talk to him as such although it would be beneficial .

You could e-mail him? You have a reasonable request. Have you asked the hospital switchboard to put your through to his secretary? If you don't get a person then ask to be put through to whoever manages Child health. they may have a title like Directorate manager or operational manager or service manager. Tell them you're trying to pass on a message. the other place you could try is PALS for the hospital. they should also help you make contact.

2madboys Tue 04-Dec-12 13:05:26

I would imagine that you could leave a message with his secretary. When my DS was under a renal consultant, I was able to do this and he would call me back to discuss any queries. Hope you get some joy!

roundabout1 Tue 04-Dec-12 13:56:56

Thank you. Feel really stupid as there was a phone number on her appointment letter & they put me straight through to the secretary. Feel very pleased as she was so annoyed at heads attitude and has suggested she gets the Paediatrician to ring him, but has bought dd's appointment forward so he can see her again forst & give head an up to date picture. Result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now