Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dry lips treatment for winter

(7 Posts)
Dr3ammu Tue 04-Dec-12 21:25:49

I also use Epaderm for her eczema. I can give that a go. thanks.

Nevercan Tue 04-Dec-12 21:20:24

Good ol' Vaseline

QuenchTx Tue 04-Dec-12 21:03:41

Try QuenchTx Lip Butter. It was originally designed for children. With this cold weather kids tend to lick their lips which makes it worse. QuenchTx also smells good so kids don't mind having it put on.

www.QuenchTx.com

SizzleSazz Mon 03-Dec-12 22:27:43

I use Epaderm for DD1's eczema on her face and around her lips. It is like a thick vaseline so acts as a barrier. I am sure she licks some of it off and she seems fine so far

MrsSpencerReid Mon 03-Dec-12 22:26:02

Haven't tried, sorry blush

MrsSpencerReid Mon 03-Dec-12 22:25:43

I javent trued it but Would lanisoh or another nipple cream work? I know lanisoh doesn't have to be removed before feeding so shouldn't matter if she licks.

Dr3ammu Mon 03-Dec-12 22:23:12

Hi, my1 year old DD lips become very dry in this cold weather and she tends to rub them a lot lately and the lip skin become "flaky". Is there a lip balm specially for babies that I can get from the high street chemist? Do you use any particular brand? Is it safe if she licks them off confused?
Thanks for replying smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now