Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Extreme tiredness

(10 Posts)

Glad she's doing ok. Hope it's something simple and easily fixable.

3b1g Wed 05-Dec-12 21:54:41

Thank you for coming back to update. Hope you get some answers, and that she feels better soon.

fairyqueen Wed 05-Dec-12 21:48:38

Doc not overly concerned, but doing a blood test to rule out anaemia, glandular fever etc. DD still tired, but happy in herself.

How did drs go smile

fairyqueen Mon 03-Dec-12 14:36:07

There's no one close by who could help. I've had a lot of time off lately due to my sickness, and really can't extend it further. DH has imovable deadlines that make it hard to skip. Tomorrow's lie in should help, though.

Has she got a grandparent/ aunt etc she could stay with so she can have the day off and u don't have to?

I know missing school is a big no no to Many especially over " just being tired" but if she really is that exhausted then she's in danger of becoming run down which lowers the immune system leaving her more likely to get ill sad one day now really could save u a week further down line. Hope you manage to get somewhere with the drs it's horrible when you know there's something up and u can't quite put finger on it sad

fairyqueen Mon 03-Dec-12 14:13:48

No periods yet, but they can't be far off. I do wonder if that could be the problem, but I could wonder that every time she's under the weather until they start. She's booked in at the doctors tomorrow morning, after school starts, but too early to be worth going before, so she can have a lie in. Taking a sick day is hard due to work.

Thanks for the advice. Its hard to tread the line between neurotic and uncaring!

If you think she needs to see a dr then take her. As mentioned above she possibly could be anaemic if it's that bad.

I realize I'll get flamed for this but is she doing anythin really important st school tomorrow or would she be able to take a sick day. So she can
Lie in, rest, watch tv all say and give get brain and body a rest? smile

3b1g Mon 03-Dec-12 08:48:03

I'm the last one to suggest that people run to the GP with every sniffle, but you know your daughter better than anyone, so if you're concerned then I think it should be checked out. If this continues then she might need a blood test to rule out anaemia, glandular fever etc. Has she started her periods yet?

fairyqueen Mon 03-Dec-12 07:39:31

My DD(10) is struggling with extreme tiredness at the moment. She is busy with out-of-school activities, and as music is her hobby there are many performances coming up in the next couple of weeks. She went to a sleep(wake)over 10 days ago, which knocked the stuffing out of her, and has had the odd late night, but I've been getting her to bed by 8.15 otherwise. She had a bad cold/throaty thing at halfterm, and seemed to go back to school more tired than when she broke up.
But today she really can't get out of bed, she's absolutely shattered, despite the light going out at 8.20 last night and me waking her at 7.10.
Should I get her seen by a doctor? This seems to be more than 'just a bit tired'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now