Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd has a blister on her tongue and side of her mouth

(7 Posts)
mama2moo Sun 02-Dec-12 19:11:59

She has been cutting a back tooth and I noticed tonight that she has a blister on her tongue and she also has on on the corner of her mouth. She is 2yo.

My eldest dd has just had a fungal tongue infection but this doesnt look like that did. Any ideas what I can do or is it a trip to the doctors tomorrow?

TaggieCrimboBlack Sun 02-Dec-12 19:14:17

Hand, foot and mouth?

Pox?

mama2moo Sun 02-Dec-12 19:24:38

She has nothing on her hands and feet though.

I thought chicken pox. She has a rash on her hips but she usually gets that when her eczema is about to flare up. I will wait until she is asleep and go and have a good look.

JeanBodel Sun 02-Dec-12 19:26:52

Could still be hand, foot in mouth. I live in west Wiltshire (right on the border with Somerset) and it's going around here.

mama2moo Sun 02-Dec-12 19:46:52

I am in South Somerset!

I will take her to the doctors to have it checked out then. When is not contagious? Im guessing when all the spots have gone?!

mama2moo Mon 03-Dec-12 14:38:19

She has chicken pox! She has one massive spot on her hand a few on her bum.

mama2moo Mon 03-Dec-12 14:38:38

*and

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now