Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Please reassure me this isn't sinister?

(7 Posts)
AndiMac Tue 04-Dec-12 00:22:14

Glad it's all ok. smile

HilaryClinton Mon 03-Dec-12 12:31:13

Well on Friday doc did blood tests and sent us to local childrens hospital for X-Ray and ultrasound. All came back clear...and the flipping limp was gone by Saturday morning.

neolara Thu 29-Nov-12 15:54:53

A friend of mine's 4 yo ds recently started limping for no obvious reason. She was referred to the local hospital for the "peadiatric limping clinic". As this problem is so common there is a clinic held every week. Apparently, in the vast majority of cases there is a very simple reason that gets better with very limited intervention.

tanfastic Thu 29-Nov-12 15:45:25

Just wanted to say when I was recently in hospital with my ds there was a little girl on the same ward with something similar and she was on iv antibiotics as it was some kind of an infection apparently. Her mum said she just woke up limping.

LaCiccolina Thu 29-Nov-12 14:51:21

Honestly? It could be a few things. She could have sprained it. I pulled the ligament behind the knee horse riding and similar happened. That's fairly easy to do also just playing.

The swelling is a it worrying, suggests something has occurred somewhere. Keep it supported with a bandage and put frozen peas on it. Ibuprofen and paracetamol for pain relief and swelling.

She won't die though, just uncomfortable for a few days. Lots of cuddles do wonders too. Good luck

AndiMac Thu 29-Nov-12 14:48:52

Can't really offer any reassurances, but here's some good wishes that it's something quick to fix. Plus a bump to get perhaps someone else to comment who might have more of an idea.

HilaryClinton Thu 29-Nov-12 14:42:30

Our 3.1 year old has started limping in the past 2 days. She hasn't fallen/done anything to it and it is getting worse. Her knee I think is swollen and she won't straighten her leg.
Dh has himself in a twist about it, and to be honest I am very worried- which is not like me.
She is booked in with GP tomorrow but any reassurance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now