Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

dd can't have chickenpox can she?

(11 Posts)
mumnosbest Mon 19-Nov-12 10:50:01

Last week dd had a sickness bug and tummy ache. She's been ok all weekend, no cold/flu/ache symptoms then last night i noticed a few raised red spots on her back and 2 on her tummy. They don't have blisters on yet. We've got a docs appointment later to confirm or not. The thing is she has her long awaited (2yearly) dance show tomorrow and will be heartbroken to miss it sad

<clutching at straws> following a leak our kitchen is covered in mould. Could it be a reaction to this or a virus or anything else thats not contagious? sad

MagiMingeWassailsAgain Mon 19-Nov-12 10:52:13

A little dotty pink rash, especially on the tummy/chest can be quite common after a viral infection like a tummy bug. If she is otherwise totally well I would just keep an eye on for the next couple of days. Hopefully the GP can confirm either way as you already have an appt.

Onetwothreeoops Mon 19-Nov-12 10:55:09

I'm pretty sure (working from a rusty memory) the chicken pox usually presents as a cold first so the first symptoms would be runny nose/feeling unwell.

mumnosbest Mon 19-Nov-12 11:07:38

This sounds positive as we have no cold or runny nose and no excessive scratching. They are definate spots though more than a rash.

mumnosbest Mon 19-Nov-12 11:25:43

I've added some photos i think

Dillydollydaydream Mon 19-Nov-12 11:30:06

It does look suspiciously chicken pox like, viral rash is usually flat - well it has been in my ds case. Don't suppose you have cats or dogs due for a flea treatment?
Hope it's not chicken pox.

BeaWheesht Mon 19-Nov-12 11:33:16

Please make sure you call the GP and tell them possible chickenpox so they can put you in a separate room.

Tbh it sounds like chickenpox when my ds had it, sorry.

MagiMingeWassailsAgain Mon 19-Nov-12 11:34:08

It doesn't look like typical viral rash TBH, I agree.

PhilMckrakin Mon 19-Nov-12 11:36:56

Once the spots start they come out really quickly so look again in an hour or 2 and if she has more, or the original ones have blistered then it's chicken pox.

2 of my dc's had it last year and neither of them had any symptoms before hand. They only felt unwell when the spots arrived. Sorry

mumnosbest Mon 19-Nov-12 12:32:13

Ooh yes could be fleas. I did the cat last week

mumnosbest Tue 20-Nov-12 11:39:19

Nurse said she doesnt think its chickenpox or bites but doesnt know what it is hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now