Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

nil by mouth for 13 week old

(6 Posts)
amazingmumof6 Tue 20-Nov-12 23:25:06

great, well done, I wish for him a speedy recovery!

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 20-Nov-12 22:43:11

Hi. Last night wasn't as bad as I thought. Woke him for last allowed feed at 1am / took 2 oz then slept till 5am and gave him water (doctor said that was allowed) tho his face was saying - it's warm and wet but ain't milk grin

Had op this morning. All went well thank you and hopefully will be out tomorrow early afternoon.

Thank you for asking smile

amazingmumof6 Tue 20-Nov-12 19:25:08

how did it go? is he ok?

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 19-Nov-12 15:55:39

doesnt really like the dummy, tho scbu tried to give him one when born

i know he really cant have any milk, so def wont be having any

just hoping for a magical solution apart from tons of tlc and snuggles

amazingmumof6 Mon 19-Nov-12 13:45:49

try a dummy to comfort him, or clean little finger to suck on (cut your nail short and scrub with nail brush!)

yes, it will be tough, poor soul, but he really mustn't have any food or op would have to be delayed

if you are able to drive him around in a car at all I'd do that, it does relax babies, or put him in a sling and walk around

good luck

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 19-Nov-12 09:52:57

i look after 13 week twins (9 weeks prem) so like 4 week olds during the night to get inot a routine and give parents a break

one has to have an operation tomorrow under general so is nil by mouth from 1.30am tomorrow morning

any advise how to get him from being totally starved and miserable till 8am and his op?

i will give last feed at 1am and will try and stuff as much as I can down him and would normally want feeding 4am and 7am ish

he can have a little boiled water but thats it

gonna be a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long night tonight sad

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now