Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

First tooth.....

(3 Posts)

Thank you Moose (great name!)

MerryChristMoose Sat 17-Nov-12 03:04:56

I found the hazel wood more effective than the amber. Still not great though.

Ibuprofen pediatric drops seem to work best for DS. He's 10.5 months and has shown signs of teething since June. Lots of buds but, alas, no teeth as yet!

Celery and biltong also seemed to occupy and distract him. Possibly the savoury element to them?

Best of luck, it's a rotten time sad

Am posting on behalf of my friend with a 7 month old DD who is about to lose her mind! (friend not baby!) Constant dribbling and all signs of a tooth coming through...

DD a very placid, happy baby so friend at wits end. DD has had a terrible mucusy cold that hasn't cleared up and now into the fourth week of barely any sleep and constant crying. Doctors have given her antibiotics today so hopefully they'll kick in but wanted to know if anyone had any ideas to help soothe baby. I've done all the medicines/teething salts & frozen frubes ....anything else that helped your DC? Has anyone tried those amber necklaces...? Worth a look?

Friend has just started back at work & DH just started new job so it's all going on. I just wanted to give her some advice.....we know it won't last forever but I know she is finding it heart breaking not being able to soothe her.

Thank you xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now