Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Spatone liquid iron supplement for 4 year old DS

(5 Posts)
PopMusicShoobyDoobyDoA Mon 19-Nov-12 17:45:37

Thanks for the replies. Do DCs have to have low iron to have this or is it safe even if iron levels have not been tested for about a year? And how often do you give it and can you get it on prescription?

mercibucket Mon 19-Nov-12 16:33:59

I try sneaking it into juice. I can't taste it but ds can! There is also one with apple flavour and we have a bit more success with that.

mercibucket Mon 19-Nov-12 16:33:58

I try sneaking it into juice. I can't taste it but ds can! There is also one with apple flavour and we have a bit more success with that.

AuntPepita Sat 17-Nov-12 00:04:20

It's suitable for over 2s. I occasionally give it to mine when I remember.

It's very gentle, needs to go in orange juice really to mask the taste. Otherwise just tastes like rusty water.

PopMusicShoobyDoobyDoA Fri 16-Nov-12 23:45:46

Just wondered if anyone has given spatone to their DCs? If you have, please could you tell me how it went. Would it be suitable for a boy who only eats about fifteen different foods? Are they any side effects?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now