Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5 yr old going to bed at 5.45pm

(7 Posts)
devonsmummy Thu 15-Nov-12 20:16:17

Could be coming down with something?

Foosyerdoos Thu 15-Nov-12 20:09:02

I've seen ds (nearly 6) go to bed at 5.30 or six if he has had a busy day (lots of fresh air etc). Some people just like their sleep.

MoppingMummy Thu 15-Nov-12 20:08:21

He's up at 6.30am (always has been one to get up early). He's been at home all day today as the school was closed for voting & we've had a very quiet / non eventful day today, so I was really surprised he was tired so early.

FloralWellies Thu 15-Nov-12 20:05:14

he is probably just tired.
I remember when i started my first job, i used to go to bed at 7.30pm (I was 22!)

How is he doing at school?

It's a long term this time and the nights are drawing in, if he's working really hard at school, playing hard and learning loads he may well just be shattered.

Hope he's alright.

scarlettsmummy2 Thu 15-Nov-12 20:00:55

What time has he been getting up?

MoppingMummy Thu 15-Nov-12 19:59:38

My very active and lively 5 yr old ds asked to go to bed at 5.45 pm this evening. Last night he asked to go to bed at 6 pm and the night before that at 6.30 pm. He was asleep within minutes.This is really unlike him and I feel a little worried.

He didn't eat much dinner & has complained of feeling sick when eating a few times.

Has anyone had any experience of anything like this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now