Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Rash on inside elbows

(7 Posts)
KylasMummy88 Thu 15-Nov-12 11:18:56

My 22 month old DD has a rash on the inside of her elbows that has been developing on and off for months but I haven't worried because several people have told me it's heat rash. I'm not sure anymore though. It is made up of red spots on her skin i.e. there's no base colour to it. She seems fine in herself and she's always developed rashes quite easily. I was wondering if maybe it could be mild eczema?
Thanks for your help smile

MrsAceRimmer Thu 15-Nov-12 11:20:42

Does it feel dry or 'papery'? If so could be exzema. Maybe book a routine drs appt to get it checked.

goralka Thu 15-Nov-12 11:24:07

my daughter used to get a rash there if I used certain washing powders

Cloverhoney Thu 15-Nov-12 11:29:35

Sounds like eczema - that's a typical place to get it.

AuntAda Thu 15-Nov-12 11:31:53

Eczema.

Buy a large tub of diprobase, and apply regularly. Most of those kinds of rashes will disappear with regular moisurising. Do watch out for washing powders or sometimes tight clothing as well, which can aggravate it.

KylasMummy88 Thu 15-Nov-12 11:33:42

It does feel slightly dry but not too bad. I thought washing powder but I use the same one generally so not sure it's that. Thanks for all the opinions smile

AuntAda Thu 15-Nov-12 13:15:18

Soap and/or bubble bath can be culprits too, especially around the time they start wearing more layers and spending more time indoors with the central heating on.

You can use diprobase as a soap substitute, or soften water by putting a sockful of porridge oats in with it. Or you can buy Oilatum, but it is wickedly expensive and makes the bath very slippery.

Mainly just moisturise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now