Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

If it's not norovirus, what could it be? (Vomit-related...)

(8 Posts)
megandraper Tue 13-Nov-12 12:19:24

Thanks inmy - he seems very well. It's over 30 hours since the last vomit, so hopefully asll is now well.

Inmyopinion1 Tue 13-Nov-12 11:52:25

Sounds like a viral illness - there are plenty that make you vomit but only noravirus gets the press!

Likely as not he has slight injected tonsils at this time but not the tonsillitis you're worried about.

With any vomiting it's always fluids, fluids, fluids.

megandraper Tue 13-Nov-12 09:00:18

Carpe - that sounds exactly like what we've got. He hasn't thrown up for 24 hours, so hopefully it is all over.

Tonsillitis would have a temperature wouldn't it, belgian? I ask because DS is under investigation for repeated tonsillitis attacks and I'm supposed to take him to the GP the next time he looks like he has it (probably too late now anyway) - normally he has a very high temperature with it, but not vomiting.

CarpeJugulum Tue 13-Nov-12 08:11:30

Sickness bug round here too.

DS (2) had it Saturday night, threw up once - no temperature, coughing or anything, just woke up and threw up. He was fine (apart from the shocked look!) in about 10 minutes, went back to sleep. Unlike me who basically spend the night sitting bolt upright anytime he moved! blush

Two of his friends have had it too - just threw up once or twice and moved on with life.

Charliewasagoodhamster Tue 13-Nov-12 08:04:30

My 10 month daughter is the same. There is a sickness bug going round my area. Many chdten I know have it. Hope he is better soon.

corblimeymadam Tue 13-Nov-12 02:11:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsCantSayAnything Tue 13-Nov-12 00:09:32

Who knows? You can't really expect to name every bug that DC pick up. You'll go mad trying.

megandraper Mon 12-Nov-12 13:29:58

DS2 (3) vomited during the night on Saturday, then again on Sunday afternoon and again this morning (Monday).

He is completely normal and well right up to the point he vomits and as soon as he is cleaned up. No diarrhoea. No temperature. Not projectile, nor unusually stinky (which IME norovirus vomit is). So far, no-one else in the household has got it.

It doesn't seem like norovirus to me. Anyone else got an idea what it might be? He is off his food as well, though eating a bit of plain stuff and cake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now