Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Leg pain and other symptoms

(3 Posts)
chipped Thu 11-Oct-12 14:53:42

That's interesting, he is definitely a bit run down but has just started yr R so understandably tired. The pain is in his thigh and seemed very painful (in hindsight, guilt emoticon). I wouldn't be surprised if he comes down with something. Thanks for replying

drjohnsonscat Thu 11-Oct-12 13:17:21

I don't know but my DD(5) has been ill all week (sore throat) and v tired. Suddenly on Tuesday she started complaining of a terrible pain in her thigh which was making her cry. The following day the pain had gone but she had tonsillitis.

I'm not sure what that was all about but perhaps it's a similar thing. Anyway, you are right to take him to the GP - we got antibiotics for the tonsillitis but GP was not concerned by my description of leg pain especially since it had gone by then.

chipped Thu 11-Oct-12 13:12:11

Ds4 complained of pain in his in the night and this morning. He seemed in lots of pain, limping and refusing to walk. I didn't take as much notice as I wish I had now; thought he was just making an enourmous fuss and I was busy trying to get everyone ready.

Now, when I think about it, he has complained of leg pains before. It doesnt sound like 'growing pains'. He had also been really thirsty (wet the bed last night, which is unusual), and the last few days, very tired.

Do these symptoms add up to anything sinister? I am taking him to the GP tomorrow but an worried now!

Tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now