Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

On/off vomiting

(6 Posts)
Tanyaaah Fri 05-Oct-12 22:06:24

My 2 year old daughter has just been sick again in her sleep and woken up crying, I've gone to find her lying in a pool of sick, picked her up and she's vomited again. Exactly the same thing happened on weds night and monday night.
During the day she's been fine, slightly off her food today, but ok.

Any idea what this could be? Virus which hasn't gone away? Allergy?

I'm a bit worried and quite sad as she was so upset by it and Dh is out so I had to clean it all up. sad

schobe Sat 06-Oct-12 00:12:28

Oh this is weird I was just thinking about starting a thread about something similar.

My DD is 6 and was sick at school last Friday, sent home, sick a little that night then gradually got better over the weekend. Still off her food all through this week but was just starting to get better eating-wise. Then tonight I found her lying in a pool of sick just like you (as well as awful diarrhoea as well).

She normally has an iron stomach so suspect she could have been sick a lot more through the week if she hadn't. She's been back at school since Tues and fine in herself.

Am trying not to worry but just hate it when it doesn't seem to be following a 'normal' course. Can we comfort ourselves from a sample of two that this is just a weird and nasty bug?

sarahsal Mon 08-Oct-12 11:50:02

Make that a sample of 3 -more actually as we`ve all had it. DS2 brought it home from nursery and DS1, 7, had a similar pattern to Schobe`s DD. He`s fine now but it took a good week , DH had relapses over 2 weeks and I`m still having them, coming up to 3 weeks. Felt absolutely dreadful when I first got it but then have had periods of being absolutely fine and then feeling `wobbly` again, although the relapses are less each time.
Have talked to a few others who have had it and general feeling is that it`s a virus which is reluctant to leave!
The good news is that I`ve lost half a stone!

schobe Sun 14-Oct-12 17:44:27

Only just seen this, thanks sarahsal. I've got it now so here's to a smidgeon of weight loss.

cravingcake Mon 15-Oct-12 08:54:27

My DS seems to have this too. He's 11.5months tho so cant tell me he's feeling unwell, it just comes out and covers him, and often me too. Dr's havent been able to shed any light on it and he's most of the time his normal self.

Chigertick Tue 16-Oct-12 14:21:49

Another one here DTs have had the same with it seemingly going away and then returning. I also came down with it thought I felt better and feel like crap today again. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now