Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD has one massive tonsil is this odd/ sinister?

(3 Posts)
krisskross Thu 04-Oct-12 20:52:59

thanks jane- glad to hear its not just her! DS had his massive tonsils out last month (age 4!) due to constant tonsilitis.

Its really the fact that its only one thats huge that worries me. And the fact that the shape (were back to testicles!) is odd- DS were more like massive tear drops.

janek Thu 04-Oct-12 20:39:05

My dd has two massive tonsils. I worry about it occasionally, but she has never had tonsillitis (although i dread to think what would happen if she did get it...) and they don't bother her at all.

But yy to testicles, that's exactly what they're like, in fact i think there is the imprint of them on the back of her throat, they take up so much room in there.

krisskross Thu 04-Oct-12 20:24:35

DD is 3 and i noticed a couple of weeks ago (when she had a cold) that one of her tonsils is huge- almost touching her uvula. It looks frankly like a cartoon drawing of a pair of testicles- like there are 2 of them together if that makes sense.

Shes had this cold for best part of two weeks and yesterday i took her to GP as both tonsils were massive. GP just said they were very swollen but its not bacterial. She didnt mention anything about one being massive but i think it was less noticeable as the other was a bit swollen.

Could it be aything worrying? Anyone got experience of this? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now