Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Please hold my hand - cancer.

(987 Posts)
Trazzletoes Tue 02-Oct-12 10:31:11

Currently in hospital since last night with DS who is 3. Scans show masses on his brain. Drs believe them to be tumours, likely to have come from his abdomen.

Waiting for more scans/tests etc. staff are being overly nice to us which is worrying me more (though they did refer us to social services last night as they thought DH or I had fractured DS' skull.

Feel incredibly sick. He is 3 years old. Please hold my hand.

FarloWearsAGoldRibbon Tue 02-Oct-12 12:16:34

Sending (((hugs))). My DD developed leukaemia at the same age. l second the recommendation of the Children With Cancer support thread when you are ready. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for your DS.

<holds hands>

Thinking of you all. My heart goes out to you x

THERhubarb Tue 02-Oct-12 12:20:29

Don't worry about crying in front of them. They may see that as a sign that they too, can be open with their own emotions rather than trying to hold it all in. Right now you need to support each other and if that support means just hugging and crying each other then that's what you need to do.

It's lunchtime now so do make sure that you eat and drink something even if you don't feel like it. You will need all your strength for your ds and your dd. Your ds is being looked after now, so make sure you look after yourself.

The outcome may not be as bad as you fear. Children are incredibly resilient and they will be doing all they can to help him.

Please know that we are all here thinking of you and I have a candle burning right now for your little boy.

FancyPuffin Tue 02-Oct-12 12:32:26

Thinking of you and your family and sending love x

ISingSoprano Tue 02-Oct-12 12:37:07

How utterly awful for you. Just know that whatever happens from now there are many people thinking of you. x

Oh bless you. I know just how you are feeling.

My thoughts are with you and my only advice is to take it one minute at a time. Try really hard not to let your brain run away with you because it becomes utterly overwhelming.

NoCarbsBeforeBarbs Tue 02-Oct-12 12:45:43

Thinking of you and sending you some positive thoughts.

You sound strong, brave and a wonderful Mummy x

dikkertjedap Tue 02-Oct-12 12:50:03

Trazzle I am so sorry to hear about your DS.

I cannot imagine what you are going through at the moment.

How is your son dealing with being in hospital so far, is there a room where he can play?

I keep everything crossed for you and your DS.

HairyPotter Tue 02-Oct-12 12:58:21

I am so sorry. I hope the news you are waiting for isn't as bad as it seems at the moment.

Thinking of you and your family xx

upsylazy Tue 02-Oct-12 13:07:24

You can have both my hands. Thinking of you all xxx

hmc Tue 02-Oct-12 13:11:39

Trazzle - so sorry, hope the news improves. Please keep posting here for support x

Another hand here... So sorry to hear about this Trazzle, hopefully you'll get some better news soon. In the meantime you have plenty of love and support here.

NopofacehaveI Tue 02-Oct-12 13:15:14

Just want to say I am here and if you need anything practical and are anywhere near Manchester shout me.

I have a friend who's dd is in remission.

Blu Tue 02-Oct-12 13:16:43

So sorry you are going through this, Trazzle.
What a terrible shock.

Hand held.

lunar1 Tue 02-Oct-12 13:19:55

Thinking of you and your family Trazzle

BigStickBIWI Tue 02-Oct-12 13:23:03

<holds out another hand>

SomebodySaveMe Tue 02-Oct-12 13:23:37

Thinking of you and your family.

Xx

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 02-Oct-12 13:25:28

<holds hand>

D0G Tue 02-Oct-12 13:27:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lovesoftplay Tue 02-Oct-12 13:28:15

Thinking of you and your wee boy. x

MrsWolowitz Tue 02-Oct-12 13:30:46

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

I just don't know what else to say but am here to hand hold.

TanteRose Tue 02-Oct-12 13:36:21

<holds trazzles' hand very tight>

x

insanityscratching Tue 02-Oct-12 13:37:15

Thinking or you and your little boy and praying for positive news x

Pammym Tue 02-Oct-12 13:41:25

My heart goes out to you all. I really hope you get some good news after his scan.
xxx

Lilka Tue 02-Oct-12 13:45:39

I am keeping you and your little boy in my thoughts xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now