Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

19 month old ds with suspected broken nose :(

(6 Posts)
alibobins Thu 14-Jul-11 21:54:07

Ds2 fell at hospital yesterday and landed with a bang face first onto chair leg sad consultant rushed us round to A&E poor ds2 has a massive swollen nose bruised face and two black eyes later we have got a follow up with ent monday with possible surgery needed sad

Kalypso Fri 15-Jul-11 11:09:25

I'm so sorry sad Your poor little boy. How is he now? I hope you are all managing okay - I don't know the circumstances of you being at hospital, but I hope everything is going okay. I can only imagine how stressful it must be.

I am sorry to hear this. My ds had an accident when he was 5 involving a blow to the nose. He didn't break his nose but developed a septal abscess which required surgery.

Keep an eye out for a tempertaure or thickening of his nasal lining.

Hopefully he hasn't broken it nor will develop an abscess.

Poor little thing, hope you both ok.

alibobins Fri 15-Jul-11 21:41:04

His poor little nose is so bruised and not so little sad He is really struggling to breathe through it tonight I can hear all sorts of grunts and snuffles down the monitor.

kalypso we were at hospital for dd1 and we actually got some good news for a change smile

Kalypso Sat 16-Jul-11 18:19:18

Oh, bless his heart. I hope it goes okay on Monday and he doesn't need surgery on his nose.

I'm very glad you got some good news regarding DD1 - fingers crossed you will get some similar good news for your DS2 on Monday smile

alibobins Mon 18-Jul-11 12:39:26

No surgery needed yet!! smile
Not got any straight answers to whether its broken or not as they strongly suspect it is but treatment wouldn't change. We have got to go back in 2 months for follow up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now