Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lump in child's breast?

(8 Posts)
plonkerr Mon 07-Mar-11 19:30:56

Dd2 has a small lump in her left breast.

It doesn't stand out massively, but it is noticable.

It's small and hard but dd says it doesn't hurt to touch.

I've decided to take her to the gp's at the end of the week if it doesn't go of it's own accord, but I just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has any experience of this ...

She's 7yo btw, almost 8.

EyeoftheStorm Mon 07-Mar-11 19:37:53

My friend's baby daughter had this and it was an enlarged gland due to a cold/virus. It went away on its own, but they were very concerned at the time.

PixieOnaLeaf Mon 07-Mar-11 20:34:39

Message withdrawn

cupofcoffee Mon 07-Mar-11 20:36:35

It is probably a breast bud which is just the early part of breast development

plonkerr Mon 07-Mar-11 20:45:04

Thanks for the replies

Wow, breast buds so early is a scary thought! She's only diddy and quite physically immature - she seems an age away from puberty!

The link suggests that precocious puberty needs to be ruled out ...will definitely take her along to the gps.

Thanks.

PixieOnaLeaf Mon 07-Mar-11 20:46:46

Message withdrawn

plonkerr Mon 07-Mar-11 20:48:19

Ah ok, thanks.

cupofcoffee Mon 07-Mar-11 21:16:02

Agree I don't think it is falling outside the normal limits if she is almost 8. And remember this is only the start of things and full breast development could still be sometime off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now