Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bare is Best!

(7 Posts)
BoojaB Mon 09-Aug-10 13:00:58

According to this article http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/aug/09/barefoot-best-for-children

I always have my (two year old) daughter's feet measured at Clarks, but and have little faith in the assistants as they never seem too sure! Her toes are slightly bent on her right foot, which I'm sure is down to the shoes. At home it's just barefoot all the time.

I'm going to have a look at these Vivo Barefoot shoes. Does anyone have any experience of them? Where did they buy them from?

Thanks all.

MrsWobbleTheWaitress Mon 09-Aug-10 13:17:34

I've believed this forever. It's better for your posture to have a tiny heel when you're older though. Which is why I ignore the ugliness of crocs and get my children to wear them as much as possible when they need something on their feet! Crocs are like being barefoot, and are perfectly fine for running/climbing in so long as you get ones that fit well around the back of the ankle.

I also go barefoot/crocced whenever I can and only wear nice shoes/sandals if I'm going somewhere I care what people are going to think of me! My pelvis and back cause me far less trouble the more time I spend in crocs!

BoojaB Mon 09-Aug-10 13:34:30

BTW, we (me, DP and DD) don't wear leather, so these Vivo shoes look good.

I love my Crocs too! There's a nursery near me that's banned the children from wearing them though as they believe they're bad for children's feet as they offer too little support. I think they keep coming off too!

MrsWobbleTheWaitress Mon 09-Aug-10 16:21:42

My children wear theirs loads, and they only fall off if the back strap is too loose. They all seem to be different, so I just try on loads in their size until I get a good pair!

And the mary-jane version stays on even better as they're narrower. Most schools and groups ban crocs, which I respect as a rule, but think is based on misunderstanding of how crocs work!

cockles Tue 10-Aug-10 15:49:59

Are crocs really like barefoot shoes though? They're a lot thicker underneath, and seem to need a bit of effort to keep on?
Quite agree about bare feet though, wish we could do it more often.

ragged Tue 10-Aug-10 16:07:21

Don't their feet get cold in crocs without sox?

cockles Thu 19-Aug-10 09:15:50

BoojaB - terra plana, in london and online, sells them - the shops have a halfprice sale on at the moment, and the shoes look absolutley lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now