Any way to find out if a book is going to be reprinted? (the book is Tim and Tobias if anyone has any great ideas)

(34 Posts)
Fillyjonk Wed 03-Dec-08 14:11:44

Ds is starting to read, and I think he'd love these. It is exactly his sort of thing.

BUT BUT BUT apparently they are out of print and there are no plans to reprint.

I was wondering if it is possible to contact say the publisher and find out? Would a publisher respond to a question like this? Would I speak to a minion with no idea anyway?

Thoughts please. There was a reprint but they are all sold out (have tried various websites-a few are showing as in stock but then I get an email saying...sorry)

IIRC they are Harry Potter in reading book form. But they are on abe for shock £60 shock

acfc1 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:47:41

Dazlynne, I would certainly be interested, if they haven't been snapped up already?

Kind regards

samari123 Wed 23-Apr-14 17:18:08

I'm still trying to collect Tim & The Hidden People Books. I've got the 1st 2 sets series A & B, except book 1 of series A which I lost along time ago.
Can you please help me?

danibella2000 Sat 10-May-14 17:29:19

dazlynn do you still have any of the books available to buy? Feel free to message me on danibella2000@hotmail.com xx

beaudelairefleur Wed 14-May-14 16:08:23

Hi all you fellow Tim & Tobias Lovers!

Firstly, I am looking for the publisher who owns the rights to these books in 2014. I've contacted a lot of publishers and used the online ISBN search, to no avail. If anyone can help I'd love to hear from you.

Secondly, as for buying the books, I recently bought the whole of Series A, B and C from the Sheffield Oxfam, via ABE Books. They cost £300 per series and they have no stamps, no damage, they're immaculate. Yes, I know, it was a lot of money but for me, what price can I put on my childhood?! The Charity shops are very aware of what price these books now fetch.

Thirdly, Mrs Woolf & the Moonfruit website. Is this website coming soon and do you have a Tim & Tobias website presence, if so, I'd love to know.

BTW: the other Net site listed in this thread doesn't exist anymore

Lastly, these books need to be out there and republished. The amount of interest out there is phenomenal, the publishers are missing a trick!

Beaudelaire Fleur

onetiredmummy Thu 22-May-14 10:39:04

Oooh I still shudder when I think of the Stump People! I would love to have these!

VivaLeBeaver Thu 22-May-14 10:43:17

I've got one. Magic in the wind. In as new condition. Bought it a few years ago brand new and never read it. Its paperback. Is it likely to be worth something?

samsswampy Thu 18-Sep-14 21:31:56

I'm looking for any of the books if anyone can help me!

totoro7ssidekick Thu 18-Sep-14 21:38:23

I remember these! Such a pity they are not available...I would love to read them with my kids...

LKBen Mon 15-Dec-14 21:38:14

Hi if anyone knows of where I can get a set please let me know....I would love to get them for daughter as I think they really fire the imagination...Or would anyone be willing to make a copy as they're out of print now...I would be happy to pay....let me know if you have any ideas! Thanks a million, laura

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now