What happened to Jayne Fisher, author of 'The Garden Gang?'

(17 Posts)
IsThisAGoodIdea Sun 16-Jun-13 04:22:51

The Garden Gang! My mother saved all these books from my childhood and now reads them to her grandchildren. They love Lucy Leek and Bertie Brussel Sprout grin

Raven2469 Sun 16-Jun-13 04:01:33

Just a quick note Jayne is alive and doing very well she is a wonderful writer and is an amazing artist. Jayne is my sister and is still around and doing well.

Lucinda101 Wed 08-Sep-10 12:35:56

Angela,

I hope you don't mind me contacting you like this but I am trying to track down Jayne Fisher for an article I am writing. It will be all about what she is up to these days since her wonderful series of books were published. Would you mind contacting me in case you can put me in touch with her, please?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Lucinda

angela134 Wed 30-Jun-10 19:34:55

JenCascais

Glad to help. I see Sheila Damson's message has been deleted from this page, thankfully. However, I noticed that it's still present on another forum. It's interesting that the message contains no apostrophies or full stops, that some words are split in two or joined together and that many commas are misused - someone with only moderate skills in written English! Let's hope we do not hear from 'SheilaDamson99' again. Somehow I doubt we will.

JenCascais Fri 18-Jun-10 11:14:52

Thank you Angela for that. I'm very relieved.

angela134 Mon 07-Jun-10 20:51:02

SheilaDamson99

I was shocked to read of your claim as I have recently purchased one of Jayne Fisher's original paintings directly from herself and I can confirm that she is very much alive! We even discussed the stories she had written and illustrated as a child.

She is an intelligent, sensitive and talented artist.

I am at a loss to understand why you have posted a false message, which has obviously already caused distress to at least one person who had connections with her in the past.

JenCascais Thu 27-May-10 23:00:18

Hello, I'm very shocked to hear about Jayne - I was a close friend of hers throughout the 90's, but sadly lost touch. I just want to be sure of the authenticity of your message before I contact other old friends. Please write.

SheilaDamson99 Fri 07-May-10 23:14:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Oooh, I'd forgotten those books, I used to love them (in a slightly envy way!)

LauraIngallsWilder Sat 23-Jan-10 19:35:13

I thought she was 9 when she wrote the first one too - so as the first was published in 1979 that deffo makes her 40 now

The website is out of date I think!

Adair Sat 23-Jan-10 19:32:53

Ooh I was sooooo jealous of her as a child! Don't think she would be 36 now... that would have made her 6 or 7 when she wrote them, and I thought she was 9? So she'd be 40 now...

maybe she's a mumsnetter? Jayne! Jayne! What are you doing now?!!

LauraIngallsWilder Sat 23-Jan-10 19:23:11

Ooooooh I remember those! My brother had a load of them
As a kid I always imagined she would grow up to be a fine author

Maybe she writes under a different name now
Or decided she wanted to be an astronaut instead

poohbear71 Sat 23-Jan-10 19:20:36

I have just been looking too as we have been reading the books to my little girl.

puffling Sun 16-Nov-08 19:04:56

That's all I found. I'm amazed there's nothing when you Google.

LostGirl Sun 16-Nov-08 13:52:28

I googled a while ago as I was reading these to my dd. All I could fine was this, which doesn't actually say much apart from the fact that she is now 36.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

puffling Sun 16-Nov-08 09:12:09

My little girl loves these. I think the author would be about my age. I wonder if she continued writing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now