A good book for me to read to 4yr old dd?

(9 Posts)
Buggers Sat 02-Jul-16 20:41:23

Hi can anyone recommend a good story for a 4yr old? I'd like to start doing longer books now that we can gradually read over a few nights instead of the short story ones we currently do. Thankssmile

Sadik Sun 03-Jul-16 14:10:21

I know it's old, but the Teddy Robinson stories are absolutely perfect for a 4 y/o who's ready for longer stories. Ditto Milly Molly Mandy, Clever Polly and the Stupid Wolf and the Sophie books by Dick King Smith.

Cornishblues Fri 22-Jul-16 21:49:40

We've enjoyed the worst witch series and starting Roald Dahl with George's marvellous medicine which my 4 year old is enjoying. Also keen for recs!

Leeds2 Fri 22-Jul-16 23:52:02

My Naughty Little Sister by Dorothy Edwards. Modern day equivalent is Iggy & Me by Jenny Valentine.

Penguinbeaver Fri 22-Jul-16 23:56:43

We've tried esio trot, the giraffe, prolly and me and fantastic mr fox. All been hits so far.

mrsmortis Mon 25-Jul-16 10:01:00

One of the first chapter books I read to DD1 was 'The owl who was afraid of the dark'. Also Dick King Smith's Sophie books.

If they are aware enough of the conventions to know how a fairy story ought to go, then try Roald Dahl's revolting rhymes.

MelitaInLondon Mon 25-Jul-16 10:46:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BillieMax Mon 25-Jul-16 11:56:05

MelitaInLondon Mon 25-Jul-16 12:32:37

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now