vampire books suitable for younger readers?

(5 Posts)
TheGirlOnTheLanding Tue 12-Apr-16 23:10:18

DD2 is an avid reader, has read all of HP, as well as the Lemony Snicket series so not adverse to a bit of a darkness in her reading material, but is still only 9. She loves Young Dracula on CBBC and would like to read a vampire book, but I don't think she's ready for Twilight! Are there any age-appropriate vampire books out there?

MsMarple Tue 12-Apr-16 23:31:10

When I was about that age I remember reading some 'Gruesome and Bloodsocks' books about a vampire who was allergic to blood, and her cat. They were funny rather than serious I think, and I loved them enough to do a project on them!

I wonder if they are still funny now,, or if they have dated? Off to amazon marketplace to see...

halcyondays Wed 13-Apr-16 08:20:40

The Last Vampire by Willis Hall and a couple of sequels I think
My Sister the Vampire by SiennaMercer, there are about 16 of these.

LBOCS2 Wed 13-Apr-16 08:31:27

Vlad the Drac books are aimed at that age group, I remember reading them, they're funny rather than scary.

DadOnIce Wed 13-Apr-16 08:39:05

Try her on the Scream Street books! Not just vampires, but they do feature. There are loads of them and they've just been made into a CBBC series as well.

link here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now