Help! Who remembers this book?

(10 Posts)
Peppapogstillonaloop Sat 19-Mar-16 22:40:09

I have a very vague memory of a book which involved a giant bathtub with different kinds of soaps, maybe different Taps it was magic I think! That's about all I have to go on..its been driving me mad for ages! Anyone recognise it??

HelsinkiLights Sat 19-Mar-16 22:52:55

Is it Mr Pudgins by Ruth Christoffer Carlsen?

kelper Sat 19-Mar-16 22:53:57

Theres a bath like that mentioned in one of the Harry potter books... Goblet of fire iirc

SingingMyOwnSpecialSong Sat 19-Mar-16 22:55:10

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire has a scene where Harry has to work out the clue for the next task by taking a bath in the prefects bathroom with a very fancy bath.

MimsyBorogroves Sat 19-Mar-16 22:55:38

Harry Potter (might be goblet of fire)?

He has a bath with lots of taps with different scents/bubbles etc and then finds Moaning Myrtle is in the room.

Creatureofthenight Sat 19-Mar-16 23:01:28

It's ringing a tiny, distant bell in my brain, OP. Something about a boy who has a magical object? I'll have a think...

klickitatstreet Sat 19-Mar-16 23:22:32

I know this one! I think it's the giant's bathtub, by Margaret mahy. I've got it in the chewing-gum rescue collection of stories. The family buy a new house, which used to belong to a giant, and swim in the bath every night. The soap is magic and slivers turn the water into orange juice, or make rainbow bubbles. The mum is a champion archer (I think) and the dad is an accountant, and one day the get accidentally sucked down the plug hole...

Creatureofthenight Sun 20-Mar-16 19:08:55

Ooh, chewing gum rescue does sound familiar, I think that might be what Um thinking of!

Hamsolo Sun 20-Mar-16 19:50:47

Klickitatstreet has it, I'm sure. I recently bought it for my daughter as I wanted to share it with her. I loved that story!

Peppapogstillonaloop Mon 21-Mar-16 21:16:28

Yes yes Giants bathtub! I totally forgot I started this thread and am now so excited to have found it! And the answer!! Thank you klickitatstreet!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now