Adventure books for 4 year old?

(12 Posts)
TheGruffaloFish Tue 15-Dec-15 21:41:21

Can anyone suggest some books for my nearly 4 year old DD. Warrior princess theme (today she was climbing the wall bars in the gym to rescue a prince from a dragon!) or girl adventurer.

DontWorryBaby Tue 15-Dec-15 21:49:33

Zog - Julia Donaldson.

Only have boys myself so struggling to think of any others!

enderwoman Tue 15-Dec-15 21:52:53

The Paperbag princess

enderwoman Tue 15-Dec-15 21:53:22

Princess Smartypants

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Tue 15-Dec-15 21:54:03

Sir Charlie stinky socks

TheGruffaloFish Wed 16-Dec-15 12:50:12

Thanks! She has Zog, it was one of her favourites. She keeps asking me to read her Tintin and Asterix, but I told her she has to ask DH for those (they're in French)!

I have ordered the Paperbag princess, I hope she likes it.

schmalex Thu 17-Dec-15 07:22:00

How about The Princess and the Pony by Kate Beaton.
Also the Sir Charlie Stinkysocks books are good, although they have a male lead.

mrsmortis Thu 17-Dec-15 09:01:03

The Worst Princess, she spurns the prince and flies of with the dragon to have adventures...

Holstein Thu 17-Dec-15 09:15:17

Zita the space girl
Hilda and the troll
Missing by Jonathan Langley

Imfinehowareyou Thu 17-Dec-15 09:28:58

This Youtube reading of The Paperbag Princess is awesome. I used to play it to my class as a treat and they adored it. Probably because Robert Munsch says "bum" (American tramp) really loudly at the end blush

BlueChampagne Mon 04-Jan-16 13:22:25

Try her on Pippi Longstocking? And keep an eye out for Sophie and the Shadow Woods for the future.

merlinalison Mon 04-Jan-16 17:06:28

How about reading her "The Princess in the Tower Block" by Finbar O'Connor from the Puffin book of Stories for 7 year olds. I read it to my niece at 5 and she loved it."There was once a princess who was tired of being in fairytales and sick of being locked up in towers and waking up in a bed full of frogs claiming to be princes in disguise. Most of the princes she knew looked like frogs in disguise anyway."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now